Backcountry Pilot • Any instructors on here

Any instructors on here

Share tips, techniques, or anything else related to flying.
33 postsPage 2 of 21, 2

Re: Any instructors on here

Rob wrote:Hi DD,

I am not an instructor, but can recommend these guys for getting the job done quickly (read; economically) :) If you talk to Joe or Eddy you will get first hand accurate information from a Designated examiner ;)

http://www.shebleaviation.com

Call and ask for Joejoe (the owner and a DPE) Val (his wife) or Eddie Lane (their chief pilot and DPE)

If you end up using them you will be close by our area, and you'd be welcome to some wonderful backcountry shredding here. Plenty of other BCP's very close at hand as well.
Take care, Rob

I'm scraping pennies together to get my MES in their Beech 18 on straight floats... I've been wanting to do that for a long time! :D
CapnMike offline
Supporter

I saw photos of that while looking on their site today......there will be be many nights of naughty dreams about that old girl to come over the next few weeks........
DrifterDriver offline
Supporter
"When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it..." HENRY FORD

8GCBC wrote:Timbo,

A&P, CFII, MEI, SES. I give surfing/sailing lessons too and can roll a kayak with one hand. My airplane can be switched to dual instruction insurance anytime, with the drop of a dime.

Anyway, Mate I owe you a few rides at no charge. Please, at least stop in! Email an itinerary. Very excited to see you Mate!

-Ted

If ya visit Ted, youll be a whopping 20 min from me, and who knows maybe I'll be a CFI by then. Either way well have some fun 8) 8)
chosstronaut offline
Supporter
FindMeSpot URL: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/face ... 9a7NU2UfGC
Aircraft: Savannah
Tyler Adams, aka Chosstronaut, perished in a mid-air collision October 12, 2014. He was an enthusiastic and beloved contributor and he will be missed greatly.

chosstronaut wrote:If ya visit Ted, youll be a whopping 20 min from me, and who knows maybe I'll be a CFI by then. Either way well have some fun 8) 8)

Hoping I can get VFR to get over the Coastal Range to see you Tyler! If not, I will take HWY 20 and pick you up in the truck and we'll climb Smith Rock!
8GCBC offline
Supporter
Aircraft: '09 8GCBC, Lyc O360C1G, MT prop, 70 gals, STCs 2100A, C3000A, 31136.R, 8.556, VGs, MoGas
ATP, A&P, CSES, MEI, CFII (2400TT) http://youtu.be/SXI48e1heuo

DrifterDriver wrote:I can speak Australian but not sure about english?

how does this sound....

"yeah gday you fellas in the orgeon area, old mate here, is dead set joining a lefty down wind for runway 05. all hunky dory here and will be numero duo to me true blue mate baz, will follow yah down to crack open a slab, throw a few snags on the barbie few the other fair dinkum cobbers, after I go to the dunny"

Still better than some of what I hear in Mexico. I'd pass you. :-)
rw2 offline
Supporter
FindMeSpot URL: https://share.delorme.com/LaNaranjaDanzante
Plane Perfect, Detailing Supplies for Discerning Pilots
http://planeperfect.us
10% off and free shipping coupon for BCP members + 5% cash back to backcountrypilot.org
Coupon code: BCP15

8GCBC wrote:
chosstronaut wrote:If ya visit Ted, youll be a whopping 20 min from me, and who knows maybe I'll be a CFI by then. Either way well have some fun 8) 8)

Hoping I can get VFR to get over the Coastal Range to see you Tyler! If not, I will take HWY 20 and pick you up in the truck and we'll climb Smith Rock!

I tried to get into Newport today, but now I understand why they teach you to read the NOTAMS. Had to settle for Toledo instead, and make my friend pick us up there, but I guess we were planning on landing there and going to Pig Feathers anyways 8) 8)
chosstronaut offline
Supporter
FindMeSpot URL: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/face ... 9a7NU2UfGC
Aircraft: Savannah
Tyler Adams, aka Chosstronaut, perished in a mid-air collision October 12, 2014. He was an enthusiastic and beloved contributor and he will be missed greatly.

chosstronaut wrote:
8GCBC wrote:

I tried to get into Newport today, but now I understand why they teach you to read the NOTAMS. Had to settle for Toledo instead, and make my friend pick us up there, but I guess we were planning on landing there and going to Pig Feathers anyways 8) 8)

KONP AD AIRPORT CLOSED EXCEPT US COAST GUARD AIRCRAFT. 18 AUG 12:00 2014 UNTIL 28 AUG 03:00 2014. CREATED: 15 AUG 21:57 2014

Been in Hawaii for the last week. Advised this closure was coming, I get the airport maintenance newsletter via email.
8GCBC offline
Supporter
Aircraft: '09 8GCBC, Lyc O360C1G, MT prop, 70 gals, STCs 2100A, C3000A, 31136.R, 8.556, VGs, MoGas
ATP, A&P, CSES, MEI, CFII (2400TT) http://youtu.be/SXI48e1heuo

DD,

Make your trip a world tour and come do some BCP float flying in Sweden. You'll have a ball! And Sweden has some lovely natural resources too :-)
Floatsnskis offline

that may be doable! I get over to Germany every couple of years to visit my best mate. once in Europe its easy to get around, maybe I could put over and say hey!
DrifterDriver offline
Supporter
"When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it..." HENRY FORD

I believe you also need TSA approval before you can start flight training in the US as a foreigner.
Pusher offline
Supporter
Aircraft: Republic Seabee, Chinook Plus 2

Thanks for letting me know, may i ask what tsa approval is?
DrifterDriver offline
Supporter

It's a security background check by the TSA
Pusher offline
Supporter

Pusher offline
Supporter

DISPLAY OPTIONS

Previous
33 postsPage 2 of 21, 2