Little John wrote:We're planning to lv Wed.7- 8 a.m.Stopping in either Jackpot or Wells for $4.99 fuel, Jackpot you can walk to the casino for lunch and then on to Cedar Mtn? may or may not stay. Hate to drag out the camping gear for 1 night! And the winds may be picked up by the time we get there. They are forecasting winds W-Su from 10 - 25 knots each day! No rain and low 80's!
Rob do you want to hook up on the way out? Meet at Jackpot for brunch? Let us know.
I like the Jackpot place. If the area of showers intensifies we could just call it a day at Jackpot. I really would like to do Ceder Mt, but if it is storming that will change the plan. Or skirt it to the west then slide into Caveman south of the junk. We will see what the next prog chart says.
blackrock wrote:I like the Jackpot place. If the area of showers intensifies we could just call it a day at Jackpot. I really would like to do Ceder Mt, but if it is storming that will change the plan. Or skirt it to the west then slide into Caveman south of the junk. We will see what the next prog chart says.
You and the rest of the gang are always welcome to stay at our home in Elko and use a suburban to get around, if you decide to head a little further south. You can fuel up here with $3.99 premium unleaded (the 10% ethanol crap) from my transfer tank after I get home about 5. SS 100LL on field is $5.58 last time I checked a few weeks ago.
mountainmatt wrote:I'm jealous, I wish I could make it this year. Hopefully the weather holds out as it sounds like a record attendance.
Good work Gary for lining up another great fly-in. Please tell Paula, Rod, Hunter, and Johnny hi for me.
Have fun and fly safe.
WilgaBeast wrote:Fuel Prices in the area..
I'm finally doing my trip planning for Caveman.
Has anyone done any fuel availability/pricing research in the area around caveman yet? Just thought I'd ask before I go through the exercise.
Anyone interested in meeting up Friday and doing Cedar Mountain and Mexican Mountain on the way to Mack for the BBQ?
180driver wrote:Wilga... I'm thinking about heading down Friday as well from KSLC. What airport are you flying out of and when are you leaving? Most importantly... what kind of flight time can I plan on at Wilga warp speed?
Oregon180 wrote:Forecast not looking good for us to leave Oregon on Thursday AM. Another frontal system coming through on Wed night. Wet and windy Thursday.) We don't have much wiggle room time-wise, so looking about 50/50 for us at this point.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest