Please read all of the following:
You are welcome to post For Sale items, giveaway items, and Want To Buy notices. You can even advertise for your services if you are a commericial pilot or have an aviation oriented business. Any items posted must be aviation related.
Items you post for sale must be your own, as in owned by you, especially titled vehicles such as aircraft.
Please used these prefixes for your items in the Subject line:
For Sale: "FS: " Only to be used on items that you personally are selling, not others' sales.
Want To Buy: "WTB:"
Want To Trade: "WTT:"
For Rent: "FR:"
In Search Of: "ISO:"
For Hire: "FH:"
Public Service Announcement: "PSA:" (good deal, sale, etc, except aircraft and titled vehicles)
Example -- "FS: Worn out AK Bushwheels"
NOT "For sale:" or "Want to buy:", but the 3-letter abbreviation.
If you don't use the prefixes, your thread will be deleted.
Also, if you do successfully sell, giveaway, or satisfy your want-to-buy needs, please update your post. Append "- SOLD" to the end of the subject line. It helps us 1) Know to delete the thread and 2) That the marketplace worked!
As with any online transaction, buyer and seller beware.
BackcountryPilot.Org and its owner assume absolutely no liability or responsibility for fraud perpetrated as a result of making contact through this forum. We have no way to verify the authenticity of any member of this forum, that is the responsibility of the buyer or seller.
Exercise due diligence and use your best judgement as to the reliability of the buyer or seller.
- Get phone numbers, addresses, and as much contact information as possible.
- If it's too good to be true, it probably is.
- Don't fall for scams that involve complex hoops to jump through or strange ways of transferring money. Beware of scams where buyers require you to front them money in order to get a larger sum of money back from them. Actually, there are many buy/sell scams on the internet, you simply have to do you due diligence for every transaction.
- Use some sort of escrow service like Paypal whenever possible. At the very least you're using a credit card with Paypal, which gives you a little fraud protection.
- If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. Did I say that already?
This is actually a tight knit community and most buyers or sellers can be checked out easily with a reference, if needed. They can also be tracked down.