Backcountry Pilot • First Mogas at Kalifornia Apt

First Mogas at Kalifornia Apt

Nothing happens without it. Discuss fuel locations, quality, alternatives, and anything else related to this critical resource.
14 postsPage 1 of 1

I wish it were me that were the first. The Sonoma Jet Center at Santa Rosa Airport (KSTS) in California has clean mogas for sale on field. Today's price is $5.35. Wish I could pull it off in Montague.

I decided to put this in a separate thread cus the one I did earlier has been contaminated by ethanol producers.

If the janitors on this site stick this into my other thread (kind of where it really ought to be) then please take the ethanol crap out of my first thread and stick it anywhere. :D

Tim
qmdv offline

Re: First Mogas at Kalifornia Apt

Good to hear, I hope more airports will offer it also.
robw56 online
FindMeSpot URL: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/face ... hqkjZ4hVF9
1953 Cessna 170B

We're working on getting it in Oakdale too. Glad to see that it's finally starting to show up.
svanarts offline

What is the advantage when it's within 20 cents of Avgas? Even Premium pump gas is only $4.50 here.
AvidFlyer offline
Experimental Avid Flyer STOL 582 Rotax

AvidFlyer wrote:What is the advantage when it's within 20 cents of Avgas? Even Premium pump gas is only $4.50 here.

No lead
robw56 online
FindMeSpot URL: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/face ... hqkjZ4hVF9
1953 Cessna 170B

I'd prefer unleaded mogas due to no lead clinkers, but having to pay almost the same as 100Ll wuld stick in my craw. Where are they getting it? Santa Rosa's pretty much in the middle of the state so if they're hauling it in from out of state I can see why the high price.
hotrod150 offline
minimums are for busting

hotrod150 wrote:I'd prefer unleaded mogas due to no lead clinkers, but having to pay almost the same as 100Ll wuld stick in my craw. Where are they getting it? Santa Rosa's pretty much in the middle of the state so if they're hauling it in from out of state I can see why the high price.

Feel your pain. The other FBO at that airport is selling 100LL for a nickle agallon higher than the mogas. I would still buy it. It is being shipped from Sparks, NV. Do the paperwork and send it off to the state and get 35 cents per gallon refund for the road tax. Pain in the but that efectivly lowers the price to 5 bucks a gallon

Tim
qmdv offline

Gotcha...sorry I didn't mean for my post to sound negative. 100LL does really nasty things to my little engine.
AvidFlyer offline
Experimental Avid Flyer STOL 582 Rotax

hotrod150 wrote: >... Where are they getting it? Santa Rosa's pretty much in the middle of the state so if they're hauling it in from out of state I can see why the high price.

I understand that it is Renner Petroleum out of Eureka, CA, hauling it out of Sparks, NV. This is the company supplying the few E0 service stations listed on pure-gas.org and appears to cater to marinas.
N1593Y offline
Fly lead free on mogas: www.flyunleaded.com

geez putting it in 4 or 5 5 gal jugs would be a lot cheaper than buying it there.. If I were filling up my car I'd pass that station by... :shock:
iceman offline

iceman wrote:geez putting it in 4 or 5 5 gal jugs would be a lot cheaper than buying it there.. If I were filling up my car I'd pass that station by... :shock:

Only problem is the closest station to KSTS is in Garberville or Corning, don't know which is closer to Santa Rosa.

See: http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=CA

There are only 5 stations in CA that have E0.
N1593Y offline

Man, i see the save $ part, i guess. the aircraft mechanics i know, and the times that i need ALL my motor has to give, i dont want to be a few cents cheaper on fuel and detonate a piston or worse...

Lots of our turbo sleds and hotrod 4-stroke vehicles blend av gas with 91 eth free for great results. be careful out there, treat your motor with the absolute best fuel u can buy...damn they are expensive to fix....! lead or no lead, low octane fuel can do some real damage, less your always gonna be 1/2 throttle or less...just my 2 ct...
jomac offline
jomac

Wish I knew where in Sparks they were getting it. I've not been able to find ethanol-free fuel in the Reno-Sparks area and have to drive to Fallon to fill up my trailer. I see the tank farm here in town (which has no ethanol) but can't access it at all. One of the local distributors says I could get it if I buy in thousand-gallon quantities and have a place they can deliver to - maybe time to build those extended-range tanks :)

Greg
GregA offline

svanarts wrote:We're working on getting it in Oakdale too. Glad to see that it's finally starting to show up.

Please let me know when you do, I'll add it to flyunleaded.com and we'll get you publicity on General Aviation News.
N1593Y offline

DISPLAY OPTIONS

14 postsPage 1 of 1